Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Passing of the LG Banner and Final Words

September 15, 2012
On Sept. 15th, Division 3 had its 4th Divisional Council meeting in Forest, Ontario at the Kineto Theatre.  22 members from around the division were in attendance.  This was LG Sheila's final meeting and LG Bud Orr's first meeting.  Kiwanis custom was followed and the LG Banner for the LG's Home Club was passed from the Kiwanis Club of Sarnia, Inc. to the Kiwanis Club of Forest.
Pictured above from left to right - Forest President Martin Brunner, Forest President-Elect Sandy Burkhart, LG Bud, PLG Sheila and Sarnia club President Allan McPhee.
Today I sit at my computer and reflect on the past 2 years of service that I have given to the Division.  I hope I made a bit of a difference in the way each of you sees Kiwanis.  Thanks to Kiwanis and my Division 3 family, I have been able to visit many places that I normally would not have ventured if not for attending a convention or a function related to Kiwanis.  I met a lot of new friends in the process, friends that I hope to have for a lifetime.  The knowledge that Kiwanis has given me has broadened my horizons and made me much more aware of what is going on in our world.  It has given me hope that, as Kiwanians, we are doing the right thing to help the children of the world and those that are less fortunate than ourselves.  Within each of us there is a desire to help and through our membership, we can do just that.  At times the knowledge that we gain reminds us of how life can be in other locations of the world.  Locations where children have no parents, have no home and don't know where their next meal is coming from.  If Kiwanians see a need, they rise to the occasion and help out.  We can make a difference, individually and as a group.
I wish for each of you continued success in your life of service through Kiwanis.  I am sure I will be seeing some of you in the future at an interclub or at a convention.  Keep service in your heart...........you will never go wrong.
The Division 3 LG blog will continue under the direction of LG Bud.  It will remain at the same address but will soon have a new look.  Stay tuned for updates!
Yours in continued Kiwanis Service,
PLG Sheila Donald





No comments:

Post a Comment