Thursday, October 20, 2016

LG Blog spot #1 - Oct. 20, 2016



Hello Fellow Kiwanians!
 
It is a new year for Kiwanis and the fun year has begun. I am grateful for all the officers and directors who agreed to stand for election and were elected.  Remember to make sure to have fun during the year and thank all who volunteer at the club activities.  Also be sure to join in the fellowship of your club.

I have been to every club in the division and installed the officers and directors for this year.  It was a pleasure to visit each and every club and meet everyone.  There was palpable excitement as the clubs talk about and plan to move the clubs forward.
Thank you for the warm welcome extended to my wife Daphne and myself.

As you know the Kiwanis I-Plan is the focus for this year and I hope that each club can think about where the club will be in 5 years time.  With a goal in mind we can plan the way to get there.  Please take a look at the Club Planning Tool with that in mind.  I sent that to all clubs earlier for your consideration.  I know some clubs have already started identifying where they want to be in 2021.  I am always available to come and help if you so wish.

Along with the strategic plan we need to identify the membership, or Inspiration chair, and the PR, or Image chair for each club.  I am hoping they will be able to communicate regularly by using electronic means.  3 of us tested an application called “JoinMe” and it worked well once we learned the tricks.

All this work is to ensure we are there for the Kids whenever they need us.

We dream “of a world where every child is happy, healthy, safe and loved.”
#Kids need Kiwanis                                        
LG David Murray 

No comments:

Post a Comment