Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Snow will NOT STOP me!!!

Hello Fellow Kiwanians!
What can one say about the winter we have had!  I don't recall seeing this much snow for many years in Southwestern Ontario.  I also don't recall it sticking around for as long as it has!  I feel much like the local postman in that "neither rain, sleet or snow will stop me or slow me down" on my club rounds!!  I have been quite fortunate not to have encountered any driving issues lately when making my visits.  I hope that the weather continues to cooperate with me and gets us all into spring, sooner than later.
By now your clubs should have selected their voting representatives that will be attending the very first Regional Meeting to elect our Trustee on March 26th in Ingersoll, Ontario.  Each club is allowed 2 votes only.  There is no proxy voting so if no one attends from you club, you do not have a vote. We now have 3 candidates running - Allen Ure, Ron Deichert and Jim McIntosh.  Most clubs were represented at the last DCM on Feb. 12th in Chatham and heard both Allen and Ron speak.  Jim submitted his letter of intent after the meeting so unfortunately was not invited to attend and give his presentation.  The Kiwanis Club of Brantford is hosting an interclub on Thursday, March 17th at noon.  You should have received an invitation to this by e-mail from me today, March 9th.  Jim will also be presenting at the Regional meeting on March 26th so you will have an opportunity to hear him and make your decision before the actual voting takes place.
March 8th I visited 3 clubs - Sarnia-Lambton Golden K, Seaway and Windsor.  I had the wonderful opportunity to present 4 Legion of Honour pins and certificates to members of the Windsor club.
David Greaves - 35 yrs of service.  He is currently away so I presented the certificate to his son, Doug.
Andival Henry - 25 yrs of service.  He was absent at the meeting but do congratulate him on his years of service to the Windsor community.
Doug Branch - 25 yrs of service.  He was also not able to attend the meeting but I do also congratulate him on his dedication to Kiwanis and his community.
Roy Bartlett, 45 yrs of service.  Roy is a very youthful 90 yr old who is the club's current Secretary.  Roy's dedication to his job is amazing.  He is extremely organized and proves that you are never too old to work!
My congratulations to all of these gentlemen who have served and will continue to serve Kiwanis and the Children of the World.  Pictures will be posted once I receive them from President Ram.
Another celebration is approaching us - St. Patrick's Day.  To all the Irish and everyone else -
One final word - Division 3 is growing!!!  Please keep the great work of recruitment forging ahead.  There are many future Kiwanians out there, all you have to do is ASK!

LG Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment